How to Use Digital Marketing Before, During, and After Events

Saturday October 1, 2022 comments Tags: event marketing, events, digital marketing, Event Planning


So you've planned the most amazing event. You've created the killer content, ordered the delicious refreshments, and put together the most bomb swag bags. You're killing it! Now, it's time to sit back and watch the people roll in, right? WRONG! How will people know about the event if you don't tell them about it? That's where digital marketing comes in clutch! Keep reading for tips on how to market before, during, after, and after- after your fabulous event!


When they say an hour of planning will save you 10 hours of doing- it’s so true! Planning is everything when it comes to hosting an event. The #1 thing you’ll need to be sure to include is a handy checklist. You can have that checklist on a piece of paper or on your phone, whichever is most convenient. Slowly, let that checklist accrue and add to it when new (or last-minute) tasks pop into your head, like “Duh, we miiight need cups for our drinks!”. It’s important to assign a ‘due date’ to each task as this will help you avoid cramming in everything 6.5 hours before your event. 

When it comes to advertising for your event, you’ll want to be sure to use every single component possible. We’re talking email marketing, newsletters, stories, DM’s, reels… the whole nine yards! You can even throw in an incentive for people who sign up early as a way to drive traffic. For example, whoever signs up within the first month gets special early-bird pricing. Do you know the Mean Girls TikTok sound “I spend about 80% of my time talking about Regina and the other 20% of the time I was praying for someone else to bring her up so I could talk about her more.”? Your event needs to be Regina.



The best part about posting live during your event is that the people who didn’t come will see what they’re missing out on. No, seriously, let your followers see that your brand is reputable by posting the turnout! A great way to do this is by posting live updates on your stories. From hours leading up to the event all the way to sweeping the floor when the party ends, share it with your virtual friends. Plus, it’s always a treat when your event memories pop up on their anniversaries!

Posting during the event is not just for the host, either. Encourage your attendees to post on their platforms with a branded hashtag or by having them tag you directly! Not only will this get you in front of more people, but after all the hard work you put into making this event happen, you’ll want to see everyone’s photos from the night. Be sure to have signs up around the event reminding everyone to post to their accounts with your handle and/or branded hashtag(s) to make it simple for your attendees!



All right, I’ll be the one to say it… don’t blue ball your peeps! You MUST follow up with your attendees. This is where you not only say your beloved, sappy thank you, but you get the chance to receive some genuine feedback. Sending out post-event surveys is an exceptional way to round up some testimonials, generate some business leads, find out how to stay in touch, and get their opinion on the event overall. This is when the real networking happens!

Additionally, you’ll want to go through and re-share any and all posts on social media from the event. Even if you thanked them in person, be sure to do it online as well! If anything, it shows your other followers how welcoming and grateful you are.



Oh, and don’t let this be a one-night stand, either. Repurpose content you collected from this event; it doesn’t need to be a one-and-done situation! You can use that content on your social media platforms, website, blogs, newsletters, and so on. 

Events can be a lot, but they are so worth it when you have an incredible group of people around you. If you love people, but not the maintenance of hosting, connect with me by booking a complimentary 30-minute consultation. Managing an event is a whole lot easier when you’re in the right hands