Saturday August 1, 2020
You have an idea for your next, great event. That’s fantastic! Hosting events, both in-person and virtually, can be a great way to grow your small business.
Knowing that you want to run an event is the first step, but there is a WHOLE staircase of tasks to tackle next. You’ll want to knock your event out of the park so the PREP IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART! Preparation, or a lack of it, can make or break your endeavor. Here is our best advice for prepping for your extravaganza.
Define Your Goals
I’ve seen it before and I’m sure I’ll encounter it again. Small business owners are prone to a lack of focus when it comes to executing their events. They’ve got a great idea but they don’t have a strategy for what they want to achieve by the end of the festivities. Understanding what you are aiming for helps you build a game plan that lends itself to success.
Here are just a few examples of goals you could have for your next event:
- Awareness – If you are looking to create awareness around your brand, product, or service – creating and attending events is a great way to do that.
- Credibility – By hosting or participating in an event, you immediately increase your credibility and authority as an expert or leader in your industry/field.
- Gather Leads – Events are the perfect opportunity to get yourself in front of new, qualified leads but make certain you have a plan for capturing their information and a process for follow-up!
- Additional Income Stream – Regular events can become an additional income stream for your business if monetized in the right way to ensure your profit exceeds your expenses.
- Community – Regular events are a great way to nurture your current community and grow your tribe.
Give Yourself Time
Of all the tasks where procrastination = failure, event planning has to be at the top of the list. The longer you wait to start planning (and promoting) your event, the less likely you’ll be able to sell those tickets or fill those rooms. There are a lot of things that go into planning a successful event and you don’t have to rush them.
Another top tip? Start promoting before you are ready. Once you know the date and the venue, focus on getting the word out! You can update details later but you can never start promoting your event early enough. People need time to both see your event, decide whether or not it’s right for them, and to sign up.
Trust me, scheduling enough time to execute your event in the best way possible is a gift you’ll give yourself and your business.
Call in for an Assist!
Want to know the best advice you’ll get all year when it comes to executing an amazing event? HIRE HELP! We promise your event will run so much smoother when you have help from someone who is REMOVED enough from the situation to make rational decisions based on previous experience running events. Because, no, you DO NOT need an ice sculpture of Channing Tatum from Magic Mike… it’s just not important.
Assist for the Win specializes in event planning and execution and we are ready to help you ROCK your next event. It’s time to get the support you need to maximize your event efforts. Contact us for a complimentary Game Plan Analysis.